Sunday, July 19, 2009

SUNDAY SONG




"'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus"
’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,Just to take Him at His Word;Just to rest upon His promise,And to know, “Thus says the Lord!”
Refrain
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’erJesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!O for grace to trust Him more!
O how sweet to trust in Jesus,Just to trust His cleansing blood;And in simple faith to plunge me’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
Refrain
Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,Just from sin and self to cease;Just from Jesus simply takingLife and rest, and joy and peace.
Refrain
I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;And I know that Thou art with me,Wilt be with me to the end.
Refrain
"'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus" is a popular Christian hymn with music by William J. Kirkpatrick and lyrics by Louisa M. R. Stead. The lyrics were written in 1882. They appeared in Stead's Songs of Triumph.
It is said that Louisa M. R. Stead wrote the lyrics after she watched her husband drown and die.
The song is included in many hymnals and has been recorded by many artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment