Sunday, July 5, 2009

SATURDAY'S SAYINGS. . .

(This post was in my head yesterday, but couldn't get on the computer til today. Other things (people) were more important.)

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow.
The shadow is what we think of it;
the tree is the real thing.
Abraham Lincoln


Remember what is important.
Luke 10:41-42
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things,
but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.'

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.

I had thought that I would be finding some kind of patriotic quote to post, but this. . .
"practice what you preach" is what just kept repeatedly coming up in a sermon, my Bible study, conversation. . ."

On Friday, I had posted my little ENJOY acrostic message to you all. Telling you to be Excited to be with your family/friends, Not to fret over little things, or anything for that matter,
Just to have fun together, Overlook the crowedness and Yes! Be thankful for our freedom and blessings.
Well, I meant that with all my heart, and intended to practice it, but then, as my husband and family says, I "overdid it". (not overdid the enjoying, overdid the doing)

Next year, I will try to find the time to get to the store and prepare the meal in advance, so that I won't be in the kitchen when my family is here. Even though I do enjoy cooking, I enjoy being with my family more. I do enjoy their help, too, but my kitchen just isn't big enough for it right now.
I did have a very enjoyable and memorable 4th of July weekend.
We did enjoy the family that were here and are enjoying Kalyn home for the weekend.

We enjoyed the very patriotic worship service this morning, honoring our Lord and those special people who have fought for our country.

We still have our church fellowship and fireworks to look forward to this evening.

I do not want to be a hypocrite. I am going to continue to try to "practice what I preach" or
Be what I Blog.

Thank you very much for taking time to read my blog. I love comments.
What was special about your 4th of July weekend?

2 comments:

  1. The best thing about this weekend for me was getting to be around ALL of my family at the same time and getting to do the Gunter firwork show with Greg and Justin.

    I am very sad that I missed Josh this weekend. I talked to him this morning though and we are going to try to get together on my next visit.

    ReplyDelete