Monday, January 4, 2010

SCRIPTURE MEMORY/BIBLE READING. . .Deciding. . .

This past year of scripture memory has been very special. My small spiral/my "ticket" to the LPM Scripture Memory Celebration, at the church in Houston that Beth Moore attends, on January 22-23, is very well worn and is very important to me. I really like that spiral a lot, and was going to get another one like it, for this year.
When I went to Wal-Mart to buy another one like it, they didn't have any like that this time, so I bought an index card spiral like Beth recommends.

So, I decided that I would try to keep it to just one verse every two weeks this time, instead of trying to tackle larger passages.

I chose Isaiah 25:1, and then I read Romans 12:1-2 and wanted it, too, and then someone else wrote about Philipians 3:10 amplified, and I liked it, too! Of course, all scripture is profitable. . .(and that's another great verse to memorize, too!)

I also can't decide for sure which plan to use to read the Bible through. I have been reading it since last Tuesday, but now I've been reading the plan to read it in 90 days and think now maybe that is a better way to do it.
I know I need to focus and stay steadfast.
Also, our son wants to find a Family Bible study to do nightly, and we're trying to find a good plan for that, too.


O Lord, You are my God,
I will exalt You and praise Your name,
for in perfect faithfulness,
You have done marvelus things,
things planned long ago.
Isaiah 25:1NIV
Therefore, I urge you, brothers (sisters)
in view of God's mercy,
to offer your bodies as living sacrifices,
holy and pleasing to God--
this is your Spiritual act of worship.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world,
but be transformed by the renewing
of your minds.
Then, you will be able to test
and approve what God's will is--
His good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:1-2NIV
I would like to hear how God is speaking to you from His word.
Sandy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy! I'm glad you found my blog. : ) Yes, it would be fun to see each other in TX! I am so excited about it! God's Word is so good, isn't it? Can't wait to celebrate it with a few hundred other siestas! Are you going with anyone else? I think I'm going to try to send you an email... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your verses! So glad we are memorizing Scripture together! Thanks for joining in at Extravagant Grace!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete