Friday, January 29, 2010

BUBBLING OVER or WHEN YOU'RE READY. . .PASS IT ON!


This is my 3rd post about last weekend in Houston for the Scpripture Memory Team Celebration with Beth Moore, her daughters, Melissa and Amanda, Travis Cottrell and many others of the LPM staff that helped make the weekend so special. I will make this my last post about the event. . .I think. . .and I know that I still won't begin to be able to express how special it was.
I didn't even take a camera. Many others have linked up their posts and wonderful pictures, pictures with Beth, pictures with Travis, pictures with Amanda and Melissa, pictures with "Siestas" that they came with and pictures with "Siestas" that they just met, but the best pictures are the ones of "Siestas" (the word that Beth's computer changed her "sista" to, and she kept it that way, the word for Sisters in Christ) all over the outdoor courtyard of Houston First Baptist Church, reciting their memory verses to each other. (oh! I haven't mentioned that there were women from Canada and 42 states, including Hawaii and Alsaska!)
Beth told us to be sure we "Plant it (the Word), before passing it on."
I think she meant, before we try to preach it to others, without applying it to our own lives.
Once again, the "Word" that she taught from was Psalm 119. She also referenced other scripture verses to that Psalm. She is really knowledgeable of the Bible. Beth is a very humble servant of the Lord.
I am working on applying it to my own life, but I can't help sharing it. I am just "bubbling over"! And, I think it's a great thing.
I have been sharing with family and friends all week, in person, about the blessings I received from last weekend.
I shared in an earlier post, about the woman who had made her scpripture cards beautiful with scrapbook paper, and she traded them for my ragged, spiral notebook.
Well, I have already been able to share those cards with others.
I have them in a basket on my desk at school.
Yesterday, a co-worker picked them up and looked through them, and I got to tell her the story behind them.
Today, I gave one of them to a co-worker as a birthday card.


It reminds me of my favorite song from my days as a youth at Falls Creek church camp.
Pass it On
It only takes a spark to get a fire going. And soon all those around can warm up in its glowing. That's how it is with God's love, Once you've experienced it, You spread His love to everyone; You want to pass it on.


I think that spark and fire can also apply to the spark that Beth lit in all of us to commit to scripture memory and the fire that is burning in all of us and spreading to all that we come in contact with. She is not doing the 1st & 15th on her blog this year, but said that she will again next year. Extravagant Grace http://www.extravagantgrace.net/ is hosting the 1st & 15th scripture memory this year, and a facebook group was also started for the 1st & 15th scripture memory this week. I know that many, if not all, are continuing on our own or with others, and some are looking for others to join in with.

Go to http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/ for more heartfelt, inspirational posts
(Thank you Ginger and Charlotte, and yes, I am praying for Charlotte, as she has surgery on Monday!)
and to
http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com to be blessed by the Living Proof Ministries blog.

15 comments:

  1. Sandy:

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time. What a blessing to receive the scripture cards - a wonderful way to pass the world along.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, I just love how you are sharing those memorization cards. What a wonderful way to share the Word. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Many Blessings to You, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have really been fed by this. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you can tell you have been filled and are now overflowing...how exciting. I am glad you are sharing it with us. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It Only Takes a Spark to Get a Fire Going. I remember singing that at camp years ago. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm glad you got to go and I'm glad you're sharing your experiences with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you're sharing your Scripture cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful experience you had. you are bubbling over and that's good. Keep sharing and blessing others......I had forgotten that you are from Oklahoma until I read your comment about Falls Creek. I wasn't a member of the First Baptist Church in Lawton, Oklahoma but I had friends who did attend there and they went to Falls Creek. I think it was down by Ardmore. It this the same camp?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so wonderful that you were able to go to such a wonderful event and that it was such a blessing to you! I love those times of rivers of Living Waters that fill us up and spill over on others. Thanks for sharing this great post with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The excitement of your weekend sounds like a true blessings.I always feel like this after a Women of Faith conference.I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time, and that your sharing it with others.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has gladdened my heart! - Thank you for sharing your happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your excitement does flow right off the page. Thanks for sharing....and stay excited!!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. I participated in the Siesta Scripture Memory Challenge but wasn't able to attend the celebration. I bet it was awesome!

    Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your joy jumps from this post. Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee.

    I am so grateful for attending a church, years ago, that stressed Bible memorization. The Word is so precious and living.

    ReplyDelete
  14. one of my favorites as well and as I teach my sunday school children if they tell one person and they tell one person and on and on soon it will catch fire

    ReplyDelete
  15. How absolutely precious and generous that you shared your Scripture memory cards! I liked your description of bubbling over! I still feel like I am on overflow from the weekend and I've been home one week today!

    Blessings to you sweet Siesta!

    ReplyDelete