Saturday, January 23, 2010

PSALM SATURDAY (taught by Beth Moore!)




Do you know how many verses are in Psalm 119?. . .

176 verses!. . .22 sets of 8 lines. . .those words above the sets are the letters of the Hebrew Alphabet.. . .so I am not going to post the whole Psalm. . .just some of my favorites. . .it's all good!


This is the chapter that Beth Moore taught from at the LPM Scripture Memory Celebration this weekend. It was wonderful! I enjoyed every bit of it.
Go to http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2010/01/siesta-smt-celebration-recaps.html to read Beth's daughter Amanda's post and many more posts with great pictures of this oh so memorable event!
My husband just found by boa tonight, and told my son,
"Your mom says she went to a Christian event, but I'm not so sure!" He was just kidding. . .they have been hearing all about it!


10 I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.

11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

12 Praise be to you, O Lord; teach me your decrees.

13 With my lips, I recount all the laws that come from your mouth.

14 I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.

15 I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.

16 I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.


18 Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.(teaching)


65 Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I BELIEVE in your commands.


97 Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.


105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.


112 My heart is set on keeping your decrees to the very end.


125 I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes.


133 Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.




Today, my friend, Debbi and I met 3 wonderful, fellow Oklahoma "Siestas", who had all worked together on their verses, and had made their cards very pretty with scrapbook paper. As we were leaving, the one who had made the cards, came back to me, and asked me to give her my spiral. At first, I hesitated. As Beth Moore had said, if someone looked at my spiral, they would be able to see my life for the past year. It wasn't anything private, just a part of me. I also hesitated, because I still need to work on a lot of those verses. She gave me her beautiful cards! It was such an awesome, selfless thing to do. God told her to give them to me, and she did! I hope that maybe something she reads from my ragged spiral will speak to her heart. I will treasure the beautiful scripture memory cards that she gave to me, and I will display them so that I will see them every day!


What scripture are you working on memorizing or what are you reading from His Word or what are you currently learning?
Go to http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/ to read more inspirational, heartfelt posts, and to link up your own post.

16 comments:

  1. I'm starting Beth Moore's Revelation study on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite scripture He shines in the darkness and the darkness cannot comphrend it, b/c He shined in the darkness I lived in....broke the chains, freed me...and has never stopped doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet thing to do. I enjoy Beth Moore, this sounds like a wonderful class.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this. I love Beth Moore too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth Moore is wonderful! Thanks for sharing this. Blessings to you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Psalms 25: 7: "Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O Lord."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful class. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on it with us. I love to read the Psalms.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Psalms, thank you for those verses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandy - I was there too! I wish that we could have met each other. I was there with Yolanda - who I met on the blog and saw several other of us bloggers. It was awesome wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the lessons were taped and put on her blog. I would like to hear her talk about this lesson. I am lookin forward to Feb 2 and April 24th.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure glenwood will find it. . .but just a note to all of you,
    Amanda, Beth's daughter has now posted her recap of the weekend, and added a McLinky for us all to link up our posts.
    Also, for those who did participate in the scripture memory all year but were unable to go, there is somewhere on their blog, where you can download the sessions that Beth taught.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandy, it was an honor to recite verses with you and find a fellow Okie. Karen & I were as surprised as you when Cheryl told us God told her to trade verses with you. We all did so love our cards. I pray He uses them in your life as much as He did ours this past year. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my... how cool is that to trade spirals! Wasn't it just like that all weekend? Just God moments everywhere!

    God's blessings! (thanks for stopping by theleakingwindow)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful post. I was so sorry that I had to miss the event. I have loved reading all the posts

    ReplyDelete