Friday, January 8, 2010

Fresh Year, Fresh Start! Week 1-. . .to God,




I am so glad that I found Kristi's blog,
Run the Earth, Watch the Sky,
and her friends who are hosting with her,
Fresh Year, Fresh Start!
an awesome 3 week blog series to begin the year. One of them is posting each weekday, and then they are hosting a McLinky for all of us on Fridays, for us to share how we're starting fresh this year, in the week's particular area. (this week-spiritually, week 2-our marriage, week 3-parenting) This past week was about our spiritual walk with God. Their encouraging and thought provoking posts about Establishing a Quiet Time, Where to Start reading God's Word, How to Study God's Word, Scripture Memory and Being a Part of a Church Family (a family of forgiven sinners) are all very well written.


I wrote an earlier post about my goals for 2010. The ones that pertain to my spiritual walk with God are:


1. Read the Bible all the way through.
Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.


5. be alert to opportunites God provides for me to serve Him, and

7. Glorify God.
I Peter 4:7-11
The end of all things is near.
Therefore, be clear-minded and self-controlled, so that you can pray.
Above all, love each other deeply,
because love covers over a multitude of sins.
Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others,
faithfully administering God's grace it its various forms.
If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God.
If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides,
so that in all things, God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.
As I look back on my "goals" now, I see that I didn't include "grow in my relationship with the Lord." That is what I want to do. I am already continuing to have a daily quiet time, work on scripture memory and prayer journal, so the area that I want to develop more is my Bible reading and study, more than just Psalms, Proverbs and a daily devotion.
For those of you who are reading the Bible through in 90 days, or a year, or however you are doing it, that is great!
I have decided that I am reading the Bible, until I have read every bit of it,. . .and then I will read it all again and again, but I am going to read each day as God leads me, so that I will be alert to what He is saying to me.
And, for goals 5 and 7, I want to serve Him in the church and the community, as He leads me, as He has planned to use me. I don't want to mess up His plans.
to go to all of the links for this past week's posts, and to link up your own post about how you are going to make a fresh start in your relationship with your Lord.
Happy 2010 to you!
I hope to hear from you.
Sandy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up with us for Fesh Year, Fresh Start! Your goals for 2010 are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're being blessed by Fresh Year, Fresh Start! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete