Sunday, January 17, 2010

2010. . .the year I BELIEVE His Word is Speaking to me!


I am joining Karen @ http://truthngraceministries.blogspot.com/ in choosing a
Scripture Theme Verse for the year.
My life scripture is Proverbs 3:3-8. Of course most people have Proverbs 3:5-6 as one of their favorite passages, because at some point, we all have to learn that the best way to do life, is to Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean NOT on your own uderstanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
For 2009, I claimed Psalm 84:5 for this blog, and I Peter 4:10-11 for my teacher blog.
For 2010, I read a lot of other posts, prayed about it, read scripture, helped in the children's Bible study class, and God kept telling me that my theme word for this year is BELIEVE. Go to http://sandys-scriptureandprayer.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-theme-word-for-2010.html
to read a list of some of the things I am believing for 2010.
Today, I think maybe He gave me this verse:
I Peter 1:8-9NIV
Though you have not seen Him, You love Him;
and even though you do not see him now,
You BELIEVE in Him,
and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,
for you are receiving the goal of your faith,
the salvation of your soul.
Are you claiming a special verse for the year? All of God's Word is special, and I am enjoying spending time in it.
My son just asked, "Do you want to spend time together, in the word?", so that is what I am going to do NOW! I Believe that it is very important for me to be there for my family.
I am linking this up with Sprititual Sundays at http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/
Thank you Charlotte and Ginger! I am having trouble with my Spiritual Sundays button.

6 comments:

  1. Sandy,
    1 Peter 1:8 was one of my 2009 Siesta Memory Verses! It speaks truth right to my soul.

    I know what my *God theme* is for this year, but I had not thought about matching a verse to it. I'll have to look and pray for one before I finally write a post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right that sooner or later we all have to learn that trusting the Lord is the best way period. Sometimes I think we forget that and want to fall back into trusting our own selves. :)

    Having a Scripture theme verse for the year has been such a blessing to me over the last couple of years. I know it will be for you too!

    Have a great week!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust~Faith~They are both a couple of my favorite words. Enjoy your son and your family.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe is an awesome theme word for this year!!! I love your believe list! I am believing with you!!!

    -Alisa Hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a special son. Must be because of his special mother. Thank you for sharing and blessings to you and your family in this new year.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a very good example to your son and your family. They (and you) are very blessed.



    Jean

    ReplyDelete