Saturday, December 19, 2009

"Wrapped"









Luke 2:7ESV
And she gave birth to her firstborn son and
wrapped him in swaddling cloths and
laid him in a manger,
because there was no place for them in the inn.

This is a combined post for Spiritual Sundays and for Red Writing's Twelve Weeks
of Christmas-Week 11-Gift Wrapping Contest.

I would never win a gift wrapping contest. My husband does most of our wrapping, but we hadn't gotten any wrapping done before today, so I did wrap the gifts shown above for our granddaughter.

All day, as I have thought about the word "wrapped", the above verse keeps coming to my mind. I keep thinking of Mary as she wrapped swaddling cloths around baby Jesus. I think of the day in June, 23 1/2 years ago, when I gave birth to my firstborn son. The above pictures are of my husband and my sister-in-law wrapping their arms around my son, with love.


Just think about how much love Mary had in her heart as she wrapped her arms around baby Jesus.

Just think about how much love Jesus had in his heart, when he wrapped his arms around the children who came to listen to Him.

Just think about how much love God has for each of us, as he wraps his love around us everyday.






I hope you do know the love of Jesus.




I wish you a Merry CHRISTmas!!!

Sandy

for more heartfelt, inspirational posts,
and to http://redswriting.blogspot.com/2009/12/twoc-gift-wrapping.html
for some beautiful gift wrapping ideas.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading my blog. You have a beautiful family! After reading your post, i feel the arms of God wrapped around me. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy,
    Wonderful post with a great message. Thank you for sharing and for your visit. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you be blessed with a precious Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful for God's unconditional and unfailing love for me!

    Hope you have a wonderful week and a very Merry Christmas!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God for His love and His gift of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Holidays to you...
    may it be filled with the love of family and friends!
    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get tears in my eyes thinking about the feelings that must of be going on in Marys mind.
    Thank-you for sharing this post today.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this special subject.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to wrap gifts. I love to wrap my arms around those I love. Wrapping - Yes, that's a good thing.
    Blessings for a very Merry Christmas.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweet Sandy!!

    thanks for the blog love the other day~! I just changed things last week...

    HOpe your Christmas is Merry!

    Much love,
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete