Sunday, December 27, 2009

GOALS FOR 2010

I'm going to try this Friend Makin' Monday again, since I already have this post with my New Year's Resolutions. Hope I can make some more blogging friends! Happy Monday to you all and I wish you all a Blessed 2010! Join Amber and others for Friend Makin' Monday at http://amberfilkins.blogspot.com/2009/12/friend-makin-mondays-new-years.html


I do need to set some GOALS for this new year, 2010!




The goals that I am setting for this year are goals that I have set before, goals that I have not always succeeded at, and that is why I am still trying for them!

There have been some years that I didn't feel like making new years resolutions, but this year, I am ready to try again!



Here are my Goals for 2010:



1. Read the Bible all the way through.

Psalm 119:105

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.



2. Speak to others with a loving tone of voice.

Proverbs 15:1

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.



3. Plan healthy meals for my family.

Proverbs 31:15

She gets up while it is still dark, she provides food for her family. . .



4. Keep my job,

5. be alert to opportunites God provides for me to serve Him, and

6. Write a book.

7. Glorify God.


I Peter 4:7-11

The end of all things is near.

Therefore, be clear-minded and self-controlled, so that you can pray.

Above all, love each other deeply,

because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.

Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others,

faithfully administering God's grace it its various forms.

If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God.

If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides,

so that in all things, God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.


What are your goals for this new year?

Happy New Year!!!


for more inspirational heartfelt posts.

Sandy

12 comments:

  1. Very worthy goals, Sandy. I probably should set some goals for the new year but haven't as yet. I'll have to give it some thought.
    Have a Happy New Year!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. These not only sound wonderful, but have inspired me to think and pray about me own. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, Happy New Year! Yes, I'm early but that's ok, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful list! I especially love how you put God's word with so many of them!

    Wishing you an amazing 2010 full of many wonderful blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list, I hope you get through your goals, expecially reading the whole Bible. My grandma just accomplished it and said it was very fulfilling. I am on Psalms and am hoping to continue you on

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you incorporated scripture with each goal. Sounds like you are on your way!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely list. Speaking softly is one of my resolutions as well. I love that scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, love how you incorporated Scripture into every resolution. Your #2 is one of mine this year. I make myself cringe at how the tone of my voice sometimes sounds...ugly, ugly, ugly! A verse for me..."I have resolved that my mouth will not sin." Psalm 17:3

    Happy New Year, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great list! Wishing you and your family a Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a great list of goals. The last one should be on everyone's list. I hope you succeed in all your pursuits. Thanks for stopping by our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some wonderful goals. The scriptures are perfect.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are great goals. I think if you keep focused on serving the Lord and being a blessing to others, you'll be able to accomplish them.
    My goal is to live in the joy of the Lord, as my husband is seriously ill with cancer. The encouragement I find through Spiritual Sundays will help with that! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete