Saturday, December 5, 2009

PSALM SATURDAY. . .SPIRITUAL SUNDAY



Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and
Know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."



I have been still this morning, reading my Bible, and reading others' posts about keeping Christ in Christmas, including Collette's excellent post at http://jesuslovesmums.blogspot.com/
It is quiet in the house this morning, while Jeff and Jase are out helping shut-ins from our church put up their Christmas decorations.



The verses above tell us to BE STILL and KNOW that HE IS GOD, and that He is exalted in the earth. Then, the next Psalm is just one of the Psalms that tells us HOW to exalt Him.

Psalm 47NIV
Clap your hands, all you nations,
shout to God with cries of joy.
How awesome is the Lord Most High,
the great King over all the earth!
He subdued nations under us,
peoples under our feet.
He chose our inheritance for us,
the pride of Jacob, whom He loved.
Selah
God has ascended amid shouts of joy,
the Lord amid the sounding of
trumpets.
Sing praises to God, sing praises;
sing praises to our King, sing praises.
For God is the King of all the earth;
sing to Him a psalm of praise,
God reigns over the nations;
God is seated on His holy throne;.
The nobles of the nations assemble
as the people of the God of Abraham,
for the kings of the earth belong to
God;
He is greatly exalted.
My prayer is to exalt Jesus in my life and in my heart everyday.
I pray that the Holy Spirit will dwell in my heart and guide me as
I do have to get busy and do many things today and every day,
for my job, for my family and home, and to celebrate Christmas with others.
I want to do a better job of writing.
for a lot more inspirational, heartfelt posts!


14 comments:

  1. A very timely message for troubling times. God bless and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great message ~ God inhabits the praises of His people. I love those Psalms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a great post with such a timely message. Have a wonderful week. Blessings to you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy,
    Thank you for your inspiring post on Spiritual Sunday. God is faithful.


    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Psalm. This is the third time today I have received scriptures about shouts and praises of joy...hmmmm Better take notice!
    God bless.

    www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. We all can do better but you are already a good writer. Keep it up. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvelous thoughts. Thank you for sharing them with us. And what a nice thing to put up Christmas decorations for shut-ins. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone doing that. It is a great idea and a wonderful way to serve.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being still is often challenging, but so necessary. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post. Your prayer is one that we all need this time of year.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a beautiful family and your heart is in the right place. You will do well. God bless you, Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  11. This scripture is used frequently in my house, both to myself and to my grandgirls. Its important to listen for God's voice...so many others continually try to drown it out. God made it a point to tell us this needs to be a conscious decision...stop...and listen, as He often speaks quietly, perhaps to see if we're paying attention.

    Wonderful post...very good writing!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandy,
    One of my favorite scriptures I too am trying to be still and let God speak to me.Wonderful post, thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete