Wednesday, December 30, 2009

READING THE BIBLE THROUGH, DAY 2

Read Song of Solomon and 2 Timothy. . .



2 Timothy 1:7-9,23-24



For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline

So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me, his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done, but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. And of this gospel, I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know who I have believed, and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day.

What you have heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you--guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.



Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. and the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

No comments:

Post a Comment