Tuesday, December 29, 2009

READING THE BIBLE THROUGH IN A DIFFERENT WAY

GOAL #1-READ THE BIBLE THROUGH
began on Dec. 29, 2009
Read all of I Timothy and all of Ecclesiastes!
I chose I Timothy, because I have a short Bible Study book, by Elizabeth George, titled I Timothy-Pursuing Godliness.
The Bible study takes the book of I Timothy verse by verse, but I just wanted to begin by reading the whole book from the Bible. My Christmas gift from my parents was a Large Print NIV Life Application Study Bible. I am really enjoying it!

I really enjoyed the whole book of I Timothy.
This is the very last verse of that book:

I Timothy 6:20-21
Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter, and the oppposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, which some have professed and in so doing have wandered from the faith.
Grace be with you.

I chose to begin with Ecclesiastes from the Old Testament, because today's devotion from Journey was the often quoted scripture from that book, about A Time for Everything. I read the whole book of Ecclesiastes and enjoyed its poetic form very much!

Ecclesiastes 12:13
Now all has been heard;
here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the whole duty of man.

No comments:

Post a Comment