Saturday, December 12, 2009

PSALM SATURDAY/SPIRITUAL SUNDAYS









Psalm 29:11NIV
The Lord gives strength to His people;
the Lord blesses His people with peace.
I have been thinking all day about what to write for Psalm Saturday/Spiritual Sundays. I have read several posts about how we should have CHRISTmas in our hearts all year, and they have been voicing my thoughts exactly.
It is important that we do share Christ and His love with others every day, all year long. It is also important that we do set aside Sunday as a day every week for corporate worship and the Christmas holiday each year to celebrate Jesus' birth.
I chose the above scripture today, because I am needing His strength and His peace.
We all need Him everyday. I just pray we will all claim His strength if we begin to get stressed, hurting in any way, or overloaded this Christmas season, and enjoy His
PEACE.
for more heartfelt, inspirational posts.


14 comments:

  1. Hi, Sandy:
    Your post reminded me of my pastor's message last Christmas about choosing to dwell under the canopy of peace. It's ours to enjoy as believers. I hope you have a peace-filled Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy,
    Wonderful scripture today, I am so thankful for the strength He gives me and for that peace that passes all of my understanding, thank you for sharing.
    Blessings
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This scripture speaks to me today too. Peace..it is not always easy to have that peace, but with God's strength we can have that peace that passes all understanding no matter what our circumstances are.

    www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peace. Isn't that what we all need and search for? It's easy to let the fun and gifts of Christmas take over until the real meaning of Christmas is forgotten - or at least pushed aside. And no matter how hard we try, stress and fatigue seem to be part of the season. I've been trying to make a special effort this year to reduce stress, remember each day what Christmas really is, and enjoy my family. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, Sandy.

    Merry Christmas...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that 'claim His strength.' I need to remember that. Thanks for this. Have a great weekend. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. I'm so glad I can lean on the Lord and find strength.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God He blesses us with His peace. This is a GREAT scripture, thanks for sharing. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good. I especially like the last paragraph. We need him every day. It's easy in the hustle and bustle of the season to forget what is really important. Thank you for the reminder.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all need His strength and peace. Thanks for posting. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy, This post is so good as I'm feeling guilty for staying home from church today. This time of year it is so busy crazy at work, that I seem to come up with excuses to stay home.Thank-you so much for sharing these thoughts with us today.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I set that verse to music. Can't remember if it is on my music website. But I have some songs I have written about peace ( found in the Peace Label.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peace...Who doesn't want it? But the true peace comes from knowing our Savior. Thank you for this beautiful reminder. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes Peace , but not as the world gives , but peace that passes all understanding .
    Merry christmas !
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete