Sunday, December 13, 2009

SIESTA SCRIPTURE MEMORY TEAM/PRAYING FOR BETH MOORE






This is a bittersweet post. Tears are already coming to my eyes. I am writing this early (late Sunday afternoon), but early to be ready to post tomorrow for Scripture Memory Monday, and for 1st & 15th Siesta Scripture Memory team, after reading Beth Moore's post.


When Beth asked us at Thanksgiving to comment about 1 thing that we were thankful for this year, that we didn't think we would be, I didn't comment, like many others, who did comment that this Scripture Memory was the thing that was a surprise thing they were thankful for. Not that it wasn't for me, I just didn't comment at that time.


I knew then that it had been something very special for me, but I don't think I realized HOW special until now. . .when December 15 is approaching! The last "1st & 15th" for this year of Scripture Memory that began on January 1, 2009!


Actually, I still don't know if I can quote very many scripture verses from memory, but I have a few over 24 passages, way over 100 single verses written by hand in my little, ragged, spiral notebook, and typed on my blog, and impressed on my heart and mind. I can find them, and I can meditate on them whenever I need them. I hope to be able to say them all, almost completely from memory for my friend, in Houston in January!


When I chose the scripture to end this year with, I chose one that I had written down in my notebook and typed on my blog on April 15, when I was working on being a better witness at work, but I don't know if I included it on my comment on the LPM blog or not, because I know I chose Psalm 19:14 for April 15, and then added Collossians 3:12-17, Colossians 4:5-6, I Thessalonians 5:12-14, 2 Timothy 2:23-24, Psalm 54:2, and I Peter 4:10-11.


I have written on the back flap of my little spiral:


Dec. 15

1 Peter 4:10-11NIV

Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms.

If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God.

If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things

God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power, forever and ever. Amen


This is also a bittersweet post because one of God's servants, Beth Moore, is recuperating from surgery. She is recuperating and enjoying some much needed rest and one on one time with God. That is good. I am praying for her, as I know many others are, too.


I am so thankful for how God has used and continues to use Beth. I have been ministered to by her many times, and I know many others have, too.

I am so thankful for this year of scripture memory.




1 comment:

  1. Sandy,
    I agree wholeheartedly. I could echo every word you've spoken. It has been a wonderful journey that I know I will continue into the new year.

    ReplyDelete