Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Song. . .HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!


"This Is My Father's World"
This is my Father's world,
And to my listening ears
All nature sings, and
round me rings
The music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world,
I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees,
of skies and seas;
His hand the wonders wrought.
"Faith of Our Fathers"
. . .O how our hearts beat high with joy
Whene'er we hear that glorious word;
Faith of our fathers,
holy faith;
We will be true to thee till death.
I just had to post these two songs today. I already wrote in my profile and in a post last week how blessed I have been, by my Dad, my husband, and my Father-in-law, and of course, my Heavenly Father.
I listened closely to all of the words of each of the praise songs sung this past week at Falls Creek and this morning in the worship service. They all spoke to me. However, I was also reminded of the words of both of these songs, as I looked in awe at His creation and as I thought about how very blessed I am to have grown up in a Christian home, and to also have my children raised in a Christian home.
Father's Day Card to Jeff, from Kalyn
A father guides in many ways. . .
with his words of wisdom,
his quiet strength,
his good example---
and always, with his love.
Thank you for sharing your faith,
your values, and your guidance---
for giving the best start in life
anyone could ever have.
Her words:
Dad,
Words can not express how much I love you.
God really blessed me when He chose you to be my dad.
Thank you so incredibly much for everything you have done for me over the past 19 wonderful years. You are such a Godly example to me, and I love that I can see Jesus in you. Thank you for helping me to become the person I am today. I definitely would not be near the person I am, if it wasn't for your love, discipline, support and encouragement. Please know how thankful I am for you. I love you more than you know.
Love your daughter,
Kalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment