Monday, June 29, 2009

5th MONDAY MIRACLES!

I am so excited, as I type this. I hope I don't make any errors!

I had been trying to decide what my post would be today, since it's the 5th Monday. . .
not 1st or 3rd-Scripture Memory Monday
or 2nd or 4th-Monday's Mama Moments

I was ready to do either one of those. . .but then I realized I wanted to post about
THE little EveRYDAy MIRACLES!

You know, we do all have little and sometimes BIG miracles that God performs for just us every day!!!

Here's my current one. . .

Last Wed., at VBS, a person I had just met the day before, came up to me and told me about a teaching job that she thought I should call about. I called right then, and got an interview for that afternoon. Then, the elementary principal asked me to come back this morning.
I was hired! I am very excited.
I know that every job I have had has been given to me by God.
I know that every thing that has happened to me has been God's plan for me.
I can't wait to be used by him in this new job!

I tried really hard to choose a song to post yesterday, and couldn't decide on one.

Today, Beth Moore asked us to post a title of a song that spoke to us.
Immediately, the words, LORD MAKE ME A VESSEL, came to my mind.
I haven't heard that song lately. The words just came to my mind.
That is my wish right now.

Use me Lord to do Your will.
I want to be used in Your perfect plan.
I want You to use my tongue
to spread Your word to everyone I can.

Use my mind so I can think right,
please use my heart so I can love everybody;
You make me strong.
I surrender my life totally to Thee,
so mold me and make me
whatever You'd have me to be.

Take me Lord, lead me and guide
my footsteps every step of the way;
I'm asking You Lord, please make me a vessel,
I want to be a vessel for You.

O Lord, make me a vessel for You.

So, please tell me about YOUR miracle for today, and the song that speaks to YOU today!
I hope to see some comments here!

3 comments:

  1. Sandy! What an awesome miracle!! I am so happy for you. I know the joy and relief that comes with securing a job--congratualtions!!

    Your song made me think of another song similar in message.

    Offering by Third Day

    Magnificent Holy Father
    I stand in awe of all I see
    Of all the things you have created
    But still you choose to think of me...

    This is my offering, dear Lord
    This is my offering to You, God
    I will give you my life
    For its all I have to give
    Because you gave your life for me.

    Praising Him with you!
    Keelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy,
    Congratulations!

    The words from "Lifesong" -Casting Crowns were brought to me::

    Let my lifesong sing to You
    Let my lifesong sing to You
    I want to sign Your name to the end of this day
    Knowing that my heart was true
    Let my lifesong sing to You

    Lord I give my life
    A living sacrifice
    To reach a world in need
    To be Your hands and feet

    So may the words I say
    And the things I do
    Make my lifesong sing
    Bring a smile to You


    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. I know exactly how you feel about the Shack. I have had it since last summer. I just couldn't get past the first chapter. One of my friends that I never would have guessed would read it was so I took it as an opportunity and knew I needed to read it for myself so that I could talk to her about it. It took me awhile to get into it, but I got hooked about 1/4 of the way through and then I couldn't put it down.

    The song that I have playing in my head right now that has been speaking to me is BE THOU MY VISION

    Be Thou my vision
    O Lord of my heart
    Naught be all else to me
    Save that Thou art
    Thou my best thought
    By day or by night
    Waking or sleeping
    Thy presence my light

    Be Thou my wisdom
    Be Thou my true Word
    I ever with Thee
    And Thou with me Lord
    Thou my great Father
    I Thy true son
    Thou in me dwelling
    And I with Thee one

    Be Thou my shield
    And my sword for the fight
    Be Thou my dignity
    Be Thou my might
    Thou my soul's shelter
    And Thou my high tow'r
    Raise Thou me heav'nward
    O Pow'r of my pow'r

    Riches I heed not
    Nor man's empty praise
    Thou mine inheritance
    Now and always
    Thou and Thou only
    Be first in my heart
    High King of heaven
    My treasure Thou art

    High King of heaven
    When vict'ry is won
    May I reach heaven's joys
    O bright heaven's Sun
    Heart of my own heart
    Whatever befall
    Still be my vision
    O Ruler of all

    ReplyDelete