Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"To Tell the Truth Tuesday"

I wanted to try this post to see if anyone will join me in sharing how we're doing on our commitments for the year.

I'm not doing really great on any of the goals that I made for the year. . .
Reading the Bible through and
Speaking in a Kind voice, but I'm am still working on both of those, and on all of my goals for the year. http://sandys-scriptureandprayer.blogspot.com/2009/12/goals-for-2010.html

What I am succeeding at is:

continuing in my practice of memorizing scripture, (began last year, and continuing)

getting up earlier to have my Quiet Time (done before, but had not been doing it this year, so began last week, observing Lent for the first time)

Starting my day in God's word helps me and all around me to have a much better day
and attitude!
I really love that Beth Moore sparked a fire that is continuing to burn in so many of us for scripture memory.
So, how are you doing?

4 comments:

  1. Sandy,
    I'm sad to say that I'm with you.
    Just not doing to well.

    Thank you for the reminder to be steadfast and faithful in the "little things" for the Lord!

    Hugs,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy,

    I so understand about spending time in the WORD makes not only my day, but others around me, too! I am so wanting to be faithful in the little daily *things* that the LORD is calling me to - and that is a challenge as a home school mom and having my husband work out of our home too! Thank you for your sweet encouragement.

    Your new blog layout is lovely!

    Blessings to you sweet siesta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hanging in there with the scripture memory and reading through the Bible (oops... didn't get to it today...)

    I also wanted to learn more about being a mentor because 2 gals asked me to mentor them... and that is coming along, too.

    Wanted to establish date nights - haven't done that.
    Wanted to start walking regularly - haven't done that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you about starting the day off in God's word. It is amazing the difference in my attitude and perspective on life if I have read my devotional or not.
    You have a great list and thanks for being truthful!

    ReplyDelete