Saturday, February 27, 2010

SPIRITUAL SUNDAY. . .SCRIPTURE MEMORY MONDAY/MARCH!




I noticed that I had already memorized 2 parts of I Peter 1, so I was looking in that chapter and was drawn to verses 24-25, thinking of Spring, but realizing how "the word of the Lord stands forever", not changing like the seasons. But then I couldn't take those verses out of context. I looked back at the previous verses.




I am going to work on verses 17-25 this month, before Easter.



I Peter 1: 17-25NIV

Since you call on a Father who judges each man's work impartially,
live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear.
For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers,
but with the precious blood of Christ,
a lamb without blemish or defect.
He was chosen before the creation of the world,
but was revealed in these last times for your sake.
Through him you believe in God,
who raised him from the dead and glorified him,
and so your faith and hope are in God.
Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth
so that you have sincere love for your brothers,
love one another deeply,
from the heart.
For you have been born again,
not of perishable seed,
but of imperishable,
through the living and enduring word of God.
For,
"All men are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of the Lord stands forever."

To enjoy other Spiritual Sunday posts click HERE.

Thank you, Ginger and Charlotte, for creating and hosting Spiritual Sundays!


14 comments:

  1. I loved those scripture verses, Sandy. Thanks for that post. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing post! Thank you for sharing it with all of us!!

    God bless you today and every day!

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the NIV version of this scripture. It makes it so easy to understand. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! wonderful verses ! Good for you to memorize them .
    Blessings,
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  5. good scripture. thank you for sharing... Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to memorize the Bible, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to read the Word of God and meditate on it. It's good to memorize it and have it in our heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it sends shivers down my spine to hear the eloquence of the Word.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful scripture.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful verses. Thanks fo rsharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the comments about Lent on my blog today! I, too am giving up sleep to get up before my family for quiet time during Lent! I will be praying for you as my alarm goes off. No easy task for me.

    Love,
    Sonya Lee

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great way for me to start my Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A nice, calm start to Monday.

    Hello. Fellow Texas Blogging Gal member here to let you know about a giveaway of my Snail Mail Notes. Notecards include Texas themes and scriptures. You can see giveaway details at http://lonestarlifer.wordpress.com/2010/02/28/snail-mail-notes-giveaway/ and see my notes at www.snailmailnotes.com.

    LoneStarLifer
    Paula

    ReplyDelete