Friday, February 19, 2010

So Long, Insecurity Book Discussion Assignment Week 2

1. My most prominent false positives are if I could be a better communicator, especially verbally,. . . have a better personality. . .but also to get published.

2. Our CHALLENGE:
"To let the healthy, utterly whole, and completely secure part of us increasingly overtake our earthen vessels until it drives our every emotion, reaction, and relationship. When we allow God's truth to eclipse every false positive and let our eyes spring open to the treasure we have, there in His glorious reflection we'll also see the treasure we are. AND THE BEAUTY OF THE LORD OUR GOD WILL BE UPON US!!" (Psalm 90:17)
3. I listened to Chapter 4, then read over it, then listened to it again, then my son read it to me. . . looking to find which Biblical character I identified with. I didn't think I identified with any of them. . .then I thought I identified with all of them! Then, I finally am choosing both Rachel and Moses. I kept trying to talk myself out of admitting to identifying with Rachel, because my husband is totally devoted to me, but I know that I do sometimes show that I am envious if I think another woman is prettier than me or cooks better than me. I relate to Moses, because I wish I could be better at public speaking and conversation, and I also have the fear of rejection when trying to write.

Once again, if you spend any time alone in the car, I highly recommend purchasing the audio set read by Beth, even if you did already invest in the book! It is worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Well I know it's not about what I think, but I always enjoy reading your writing! I don't know if I ever told you but the new blog design is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete