Friday, March 5, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY


I always look forward to Thursday's to join others in Thankful Thursdays. I usually do post on Thursday. Here it is, 2 weeks in a row that I am posting this on Friday. Like Karen, and probably all who join in on TT, I try to practice Gratitude everyday.
I am always thankful for my very loving husband, our children, daughter in-law, granddaughter, parents and all of our family. I am always thankful for how God provides for us.
This week, I am especially thankful for:
1. baseball season
2. the Journey devotional
3. Beth Moore, everything that she has ever written and taught, currently
So Long, Insecurity, and that she read it herself for the audio set.
4. I won a different Beth Moore audio set from Longmeadow Mama!
5. Scripture verses that tell us. . .
A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man(woman) hods it in check.
Proverbs 29:11
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Ephesians 4: 29,32NIV
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal.
Isaiah 26:3-4NIV
To see what others are thankful for today, join Laurie at Women Taking a Stand and Greg at
Greg’s General Store.

5 comments:

  1. Sandy,

    Isn't Beth just wonderful~ I have done every single bible study she has written but had never read any of her books until I was able to review So Long Insecurity....OH.MY.GOODNESS! I am gobbling up anything I can that she has written WOW!!!
    Thank you for your sweet heart today ~ it has blessed me so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy,

    I love Beth Moore as well.. Haven't read "so long Insecurity" yet.... But its on my to do list!

    Hugs,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy,

    Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Thank God for blessing you in many ways. What a precious reminder to practice Gratitude every day! I need to remember that not only on Thursday because of Thankful Thursday, but every day because of the Lord's love and abundant mercies and blessings!

    Take care and have a blessed weekend!

    Warm regards,
    Nancie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for commenting. It is my 2nd Elizabeth George book to read. Beth Moore...what can I say. I have just started So Long Insecurity. Thanks so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done almost all of Beth's studies. She is an amazing and anointed teacher. we are doing "The Inheritance" now and it is wonderful!

    Love your thankful post today.

    ReplyDelete