Thursday, March 18, 2010

So Long, Insecurity Book Discussion Assignment Week 6

1. Based on Chapter 10, in all truthfulness, has your historical tendency been to view men (generally speaking) as gods? Or devils?

hmmm, I guess if I have to choose one, I would say "gods". I don't like to think that I would ever view them as either, but it's probably actually a little of both.

2. Based on Chapter 10 and your own day-to-day observances, what differences do you see between men’s insecurities and women’s?

I think men's insecurities are usually based on how they are providing for their family. which would be how they are doing as a husband and dad.



I think women's insecurities are usually based on how insecure we feel in our looks and also on how we feel we are doing as wife and mom.





I re-read the chapter, and realized that men have insecurities about their looks, too, of course I did know that!



Both genders can have insecurities related to jobs, and both genders can also feel insecure if we do not feel loved and appreciated. Actually, after re-reading the chapter, it seems that both genders have insecurities about most of the same things. Maybe, for some reason, we let ours cripple us more. (?)

3. On p.208 in Chapter 11, I suggest that women who struggle with insecurity tend to be particularly taken with 2 divine attributes: omnipotence and omniscience.


Did either of these resonate with you? If so, how?

I have never thought I was a controlling mom or wife, but sometimes I want to know everything that is going on in their lives and sometimes I wish I could fix things for them or keep them from getting hurt.



If you are reading this book, I would love to hear from you.



Just a reminder, if you would like to be entered in my drawing that I will do next Wednesday on my "blogiversary", please scroll down 2 posts to the Happy Blogiversary-Good Luck. . .
Happy Friday to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment