Monday, August 3, 2009

SCRIPTURE MEMORY MONDAY


Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
Two are better than one because they have a good return for their work;
If one falls down, his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of THREE strands is not quickly broken.
I chose this passage since our anniversary is this week. I think it says so much about marriage. Marriage is a partnership. I am my husband's "helpmate". After the Lord, he is the one who picks me up when I fall down. He is the one I lean on. He is the one who holds me in his arms. So, when he asks me what is wrong and knows something is, and I say, "Nothing.", I am not letting him help me up. If I try to do something on my own, the result will not be as good as if we do it together. Also, we have 3 strands in our marriage, God is at the Center.
I think that we can also apply this to job and whole family
situations, where team work is needed.
You can also apply this to Accountability Partners.
And, even if there is a job that you are to do on your own, you are still not on your own, if you let the Lord help you.

2 comments:

  1. Love that Scripture Sandy! Happy Anniversary and isn't it great to have someone we can rely on!
    Collette xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Scripture too! It was used as the "sermon" for our wedding and Jason and I braided three strands of rope.

    http://snipssnailsandpuppydogstails.blogspot.com/2009/08/scripture-memory-monday-ps-1395-6-254-5.html

    ReplyDelete