Wednesday, August 5, 2009

IN HIS WORD WEDNESDAY--BE IN HIS WORD!


Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be TRANSFORMED by the RENEWING OF YOUR MIND. Then you will be able to test and approve what GOD'S WILL is--His good, pleasing and perfect will.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just come from listening to my 16 year old (really mature beyond his years) son share God's word with the youth group that he is a part of. He did a wonderful job. (I know, I'm his mom, but I know he did do a wonderful job of sharing what God layed on his heart to share.) He shared several scripture from all over the Bible to make his point that we are to live a life for God that will show the world that we are Christ followers.
Jase showed a video of a pastor and another man who was portraying God "chiseling" away at the man to take away the negative things in his life to make him more like Christ. It reminded me of my visit to the dentist today. My dentist is a very nice Christian man, and was very apologetic to me that he didn't get me numb enough. It was painful today, as he had to chisel away at the caps he was putting on my teeth. Sometimes, the work that God has to do on us can be painful, but the finished product is His Masterpiece!
Please share with me how God is speaking to you through His word.
and all the others who have linked up with her, for more encouragement from His word.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch!! Sorry about the not-so-numb dentist visit. That is so cool that Jase is becoming such a man of God. I know you are one proud mamma!

    I have been reading through the New Testament and focusing on Christ's teaching and interaction with his disciples and also how the disciples carried out his teachings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have had that at the dentist before and it is so so painful! It really put me off going at all!
    Lately I have been learning about giving it over to God and not allowing anxiety, worry overtake me!
    Collette xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. BIG OUCH on the dentist thing!!

    I am studying women of the Bible. Rahab made a conscious decision to act in faith on what she heard about God. She knew it would take faith to get her out of her present predicament. And now....Christ! No matter our stand in life, a simple step of faith in Him turns our destiny around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your painful dentist visit. Yuck...

    You must be so proud to have a teenage son not afraid to share his faith! Congratulations!!

    Love Love Love the verse! We should look different from this world and Not Conform.

    Thanks so much for linking I love reading what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete