Wednesday, March 2, 2011

why i COUNT IT ALL JOY WEDNESDAY. . .Oh, the Places You'll Go!. . .Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!. . .missing someone. . .

I could never forget Why I Count It All JOY Wednesday, but last night and today were so busy, that I almost did forget.
Today was Dr. Seuss' birthday, so that's a special day at elementary schools. It was also the last day for a special kindergarten girl that I have worked with this year, to attend our school. So, we made Cat in the Hat hats, practiced for our Special Olympics Music Festival, read Dr. Seuss books, ate lunch together in the classroom, had a going away party for our friend and watched a Dr. Seuss video.
(and the students had reading, math and computer lessons, recess, p.e., etc.)
This week, I'm going to use a few good Dr. Seuss quotes to tell you why I'm counting it all JOY!
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."
"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one."

What is filling you with JOY today?
It is a true JOY to read other joyful posts, so go
here to share in the JOY!!!
Thank you, Angel!
It fills me with JOY to pray for Angel's son Shane as he is deployed to serve our country, and also my friend/neighbor Jama's husband, John. I am praying for them and their families!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that book!! Read it about 20 times today!! Love these kind of days working in an elementary school!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotes! Dr. Suess is a great resource when you work with special kids like we both do. :)

    ReplyDelete