Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why I Count it All JOY Wednesday. . .Joy in my Heart, Praying for Joy in my voice!

Yea! Once again, it is Why I Count it All JOY Wednesday! I just love it when I think on all the ways God gives me to count it all JOY to live this life for Him.
The thing is, I've been "resolving" for years to have a better tone of voice and smile more, and I continue to fall short. I truly want to be nicer to those I love and to all!

"Be very careful, then, how you live---not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. . . .Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for EVERYTHING, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5: 15-16, 19-20

I have so much to be thankful for and joyful about. God has blessed me so much, when I did not deserve it.

"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever." Psalm 30:11-12

Today, on this second bitterly cold day in a row, unable to leave the house, I am so thankful for the beautiful, clean white snow that covers the ground. I am so thankful for the warm home we have to live in. I am so thankful for my son who is here with me. I am so thankful for my husband's job. I am so thankful for my job, that allows me to be at home on days like this.




Although, "Ruby", the red PTCruiser in this picture, will not be bringing Kalyn home this weekend, and we will be missing her a lot tomorrow, on her 21st birthday, I will just count it ALL JOY that she will be coming home next weekend. (Although, she'll be at someone's else's home most of the time leading in our United '11 DNow weekend. I count it all joy that she is helping with that!)


I am also filled with JOY that I can get some cleaning out of drawers and clutter in our home done today.
I am also filled with JOY that I was able to get one batch of Oreo football truffles made yesterday.
I am also very much filled with JOY that our son asked us to go babysit Jocyah on Saturday night. I am filled with JOY that it is suppose to get above freezing Friday and Saturday, so that HOPEfully, we will be able to go do that!
More things giving me JOY today:
my son in the kitchen, baking.
2 days in a row in pj's,
2 days in a row, oatmeal for breakfast with my husband, and today with our son
many days in a row, "eating early supper together, good home made meals", as my son said. And he also said, "I like that!"

What is filling you with JOY today?
It is a true JOY to read other joyful posts, so go
here to share in the JOY!!!
Thank you, Angel!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been quite productive during our Snowpocalypse :) It seems all I have done is cook and cook LOL

    I am just amazed at all this weather and wonder if we will EVER thaw out :)

    Stay warm my friend! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love staying at home in my PJs & cooking!! Have fun & stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice way to remind yourself of all the blessing in life. Nice post.
    Stay warm in all the snow!
    Thanks for checking out my Pizza Dip recipe.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete