Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"I Get To" Tuesdays

"I Get To" Tuesdays
The thought behind this is to list a few things that could come under the category of "Ugh...I have to (you fill in the blank)". However, I want you to look at these "have to's" as blessings of "I get to". We all take for granted such things as our health, jobs, family, friends, etc. and sometimes don't appreciate them or see them as blessings as we should. So here are a few things for me this week.

I am joining Leslie at Writing for the Lord for this. Just click on the the "I Get To" Tuesdays title to go to her blog.

1. I get to sit in the cold rain to watch a football game. It was the last JV game for my
son. He made the catch for the only touchdown for his team for that game.
2. I get to get up an hour earlier than usual this morning. I chose to go to bed last
night before 11:00 p.m., instead of before 2:00 a.m., and get up early this morning
to get computer/paper work done that has to be done for work this morning.
I better get to it, since I just got up an hour early, not 3!
Getting up early meant that I have already read my Bible this morning in the
quiet of the morning.
Getting up early meant that I will get to see the sunrise, if I don't forget to look for
it!
3. I get to keep on working at trying to be an encouragement to others at work.
4. I get to meet with parents. That means that I get to work together as a team to try
to find the best placement for their child and make a difference in the child's life.
5. I get to go to the store again already, to get milk. I'm glad that I still have a growing boy at home and a husband, who drink the milk.

John 8:12NIV
When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said,
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

I hope you'll find joy in all the things you get to do this Tuesday!
Sandy

2 comments:

  1. I love the things you listed and the change of perspective!!

    Blessings to you, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, thanks for joining me this week! Did you try to use Mr. Linky on my page? I'm just wondering if it's working or not.

    I love your list! I had a fun time meeting with the parents of my 3-yr.-old class this morning. I can relate to you on the milk issue. We have to buy 3 different types: skim for me, whole milk for my youngest and soy for my oldest. Our youngest uses a gallon about every 4 days. It drives us crazy! Every time we turn around, he needs more milk!

    Blessings, Leslie

    ReplyDelete