Thursday, October 8, 2009

FRIDAY'S FAVORITES/ROUND ROBIN

Linking up with Amy @
http://keepingupwiththeschultzfamily.blogspot.com/

This week, for my Friday post, I am joining Monica @ http://dailydwelling.com/friday-favorites-october-9-2009 to share some of my "favorites" from the past week.


One of my favorite stories that we read in my class from the Harcourt Storytown series. . .




One of my favorite blog parties, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, my friend, Keelie-"Red Writing". i ALWAYS enjoy reading her blog. If you go to her blog party, you'll get to read a lot of other great, creative Christmas lists written by other bloggers, and you can join in on the fun.
http://redswriting.blogspot.com/
Read her latest post, then scroll down to find the party!
P. S. I just rememembered that Amy said "something Fall". Look at Keelie's blog entries to find the Fall Wreath Party!


One of my favorite recipes for this week:




Unbelievably Moist Cornbread

Servings: 8
Who says cornbread has to be dry? This cornbread is terrific and will have your family asking for seconds.

INGREDIENTS
DIRECTIONS
• 1 stick(s) butter, with salt• 1 box cornbread muffin mix• 1 tsp baking powder (BE SURE YOU USE POWDER, NOT SODA!!)• 2 medium egg(s)• 1/2 cup(s) sour cream, light• 1/2 cup(s) creamed corn, no salt
1. Place a stick of butter in an 8x8 dish and melt in a 375 degree oven.2. After butter melts, take it out and add all remaining ingredients.3. Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes and then at 350 for 25 minutes. Slice into squares and enjoy.

I might do this again next week, and have more favorite things, other blogs to share with you. The others who have linked up to do this have shared many great blog posts by others. I will try to do that next week.

Happy Friday!


Sandy

2 comments:

  1. ooooooo i LOVE cornbread! thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had cornbread but it does sound yummy! That book looks really good. Hope school is going well, Jacob has just finished up for the October week off school, which is actually a week and a half!
    Love Collette xxxx

    ReplyDelete