Sunday, September 20, 2009

SUNDAY SONG-joining in on SPIRITUAL SUNDAY

I JUST FOUND THIS BLOG, THAT IS JUST FOR LINKING UP SPIRTITUAL SUNDAY POSTS.
I BELIEVE THAT IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE ARE "SPIRITUAL" EVERY DAY, NOT JUST
SUNDAY, BUT THEN, GOD DID SET APART SUNDAY, FOR US TO REST, AND HONOR HIM. THAT IS EASIER SAID, THAN DONE. THERE IS STILL WORK TO BE DONE ON SUNDAY. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE WORSHIP HIM CORPORATELY AND PRIVATELY ON SUNDAYS.

GOD IS REALLY SPEAKING TO ME TODAY, ABOUT LIVING OUT THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT IN MY DAILY LIFE, WITH MY FAMILY AND CO-WORKERS.

I desire to be a positive person. I want to be an encouragement to others.

These are just some of the verses that are speaking to me today:

Colossians 3:12-19, 23

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues, put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body, you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

Please go to http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/ to read lots more Spiritual Sunday posts and to join in!

Please take time to read the lyrics to the 2 songs below, too, and. . .when you can, take time to leave me a comment.

Have a Blessed Sunday!



"Beautiful, Beautiful" Lyrics

by
Francesca Battistelli from the album My Paper Heart

Don’t know how it is You looked at me
And saw the person that I could be
Awakening my heart
Breaking through the dark
Suddenly Your grace
(Chorus)Like sunlight burning at midnight
Making my life something so Beautiful, beautiful
Mercy reaching to save me
All that I needYou are so Beautiful, beautiful
Now there’s a joy inside I can’t contain
But even perfect days can end in rain
And though it’s pouring down
I see You through the clouds
Shining on my face
(Chorus)
I have come undone
But I have just begun
Changing by Your grace


"It's Your Life" Lyrics

by
Francesca Battistelli from the album My Paper Heart
This is the moment
It’s on the line
Which way you gonna fall?
In the middle between
Wrong and right
But you know after all
(Chorus)It’s your life
What you gonna do?
The world is watching you
Every day the choices you make
Say what you are and who Your heart beats for
It’s an open door
It’s your life
Are you who you always said you would be?
With a sinking feeling in your chest
Always waiting for someone else to fix you
Tell me when did you forget
(Chorus)
To live the way that you believe
This is your opportunity
To let your life be one that lights the way

6 comments:

  1. This is good "stuff." Thanks for posting. I read down in another post a quote from Max Lucado. Max is one of my favorite writers. I reviewed his new book on my blog a few days ago. I noticed on your profile that you live and teach in Oklahoma. I grew up and went to school in Oklahoma. When I felt called into the ministry I was sad that I wouldn't be going to Oklahoma University. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. We need to be spiritual every day, not just on Sundays. Hopefully things we share and read on Spiritual Sundays will help us be more spiritual the rest of the week. I'm so glad you chose to share with us today. Thank you for sharing these scriptures and songs with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also would like to be an encouragement to others. I too agree with what you said about being Spiritual daily. I also agree with Charlotte, things that are shared on Spitual Sunday touch my heart all week long. It also makes my prayer life much stronger, as I pray for everyone who ask for special prayers.I'm so glad you shared your thoughts with us today because we do need to be reminded to be near to God all week long.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Everyday the choices you make say what you are and who your heart beats for."

    Love that part from the second song. It is so true. Our lives truly are the sum total of all the choices we have made. Good thing is--the choice we make to follow Christ, in a way, trumps all the others.

    Love your heart, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy,
    Beautiful message today! I appreciate your words and your beautiful Scripture that you picked for your post.

    Spiritual Sunday has been wonderful for me these past few days because I have been at home sick with the flu. I have been able to worship the Lord throughout my day yesterday AND today through all of the wonderful posts - even though I had to miss out on my church service! What a blessing it has been to have this connection of Godly men and women via blogland every week! Glad that you found us and are joining in! I look forward to reading more about you and getting to know you better through your posts.
    Blessings on your week ahead,
    Kymber

    ReplyDelete