Sunday, September 13, 2009

"Jumpin' for Joy"

















plus









Monday's Mama Moments









equals









JOY-a link up to Teri Lynne's 100th post!





http://pleasingtoyou.blogspot.com/







John 15:10-11




If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in His love. I have told you this, so that My JOY may be in you, and that your JOY may be complete.








3 John 4




I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.








My first thought about Joy is that "It comes from Jesus."


My second thought is "Then, why aren't I more JOYFUL?! I know that I am a Christian, but I sure don't act like it sometimes!"


After choosing John 15:10-11 for this post, I had the "light bulb moment" of realizing that if I am not joyful, there are probably commands that I am not following!


Another thought that always comes to my mind is "the joy of Parenting or being a part of a family" and 3 John 4.


The weekend wasn't long enough, but I am very thankful that we traveled to Oklahoma City to spend Saturday night with my Mom-in-law and to attend my brother's church for my nephew's baptism. Josh, Adrianne and Madasyn went, too.


So, we had all of our kids together, and got to be with Jeff's Mom, my parents, and my brother's family.


I plan to write on my teacher blog about "the joy of teaching".


I would really love to read your "joyful" thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. I have struggled with the question of why am I not more joyful too ... thank you for that insight about not being obedient and how it affects our joy. Beautiful post. I'm so glad you joined my party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to choose joy WAY more than I do. I love what you had to say on the subject. Joy DOES come from Jesus, and I should have more of it!!

    I love christmas time because I have many little JOY ornaments that I place around my home, and for some reason, just seeing them helps me to remember that I need it!

    Thanks for letting me know about the LPM blog... I actually hadn't posted my verse yet, because I was at book club tonight, so didn't get it until just a bit ago... so fun to blog with these people! I just love it.

    have a joyful day tomorrow sweet friend.
    LMM

    ReplyDelete