Sunday, March 29, 2009

Scripture, Thoughts and Prayer for Today. . .Love is NOT irritable.

Today's Suunday School lesson from Fireproofing Your Marriage/The Love Dare;
Love is Not irritable was right on time for me. The teacher mentioned several verses,,and then when I started studying for myself this afternoon, I almost couldn't stop finding verses that related to not being irritable for others to live with.

One verse that I found, I have read many times before, but I did not know that the same exact verse is in the Proverbs twice so close toghether:

Proverbs 21:19 and 25:24 both say:
Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

I do not want my husband to think of me when we reads that verse.

PROVERBS
3:1-8
My son (daughter) do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity.
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tab let of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name; in the sight of God and man.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.


10:12
Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers all wrongs.

12:4
A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.

13:3
He who guards his lips, guards his life, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin.

15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

15:23
A man finds joy in giving an apt reply-and how good is a timely word.

15:30
A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.

16:3
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

16:32 NIV
Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who commands his tongue than one who takes a city.

16:32 NKJV
He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty;
And hw who rules his spirit, than he who takes a city.

17:1
Better a dry crust with peace and quiet, than a house full of feasting with strife.

17:14
Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam; so drop the matter before a dispute begins.

18:13
He who answers before listening--that is his folly and his shame.

24:3-4
By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.

25:11-12
A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver. Like an earring of gold or an ornament of fine gold is a wise man's rebuke to a listening ear.

25:15
Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone.

27:13-16
A quarrelsome wife is like a constant driipping on a rainy day;
restraining her is like restraining the wind or grasping oil with the hand.

27:17
As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another.

29:20
Do you see a man (woman) who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for him. (her)

30:33
For as churning the milk produces butter and as twisting the nose produces blood, so stirring up anger produces strife.

31:10-12
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm all the days of her life.

31:26-27
She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her househould and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Matthew 6:31-33 (see 25-34)
So do not worry, saying, 'What shall eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows tht you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Philippians 2:5
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus;

Ephesians 4:31-32
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you.

Ephesians 5:20-24
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Wives, submit to your husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ is the head of the church, his body of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Ephesians 4:29
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.



Dear Jesus, I Praise you for being my God, my heavenly father.
I do repent with all my heart. I do not know when I began having the wrong tone of voice and dirty looks. I have been working on trying to improve in this area all of the over 26 years of my married life.
I acknowledge that You are here to help me.
Dear Lord, I thank you so much for blessing me with Jeff as my husband and Dad of our children. Please be with him right now as he is mowing our very thick grass, and please help him to forgive me and know how much I sincerely want to treat him with the love that he deserves.
Dear Lord, I pray for myself. I have come to you so many times with this issue, and then go right back to snapping and glaring. Please Lord, clothe me with your compassion and kindness, daily.
Please equip me to be the wife and mom that you want me to be, and a witness for you.

Thank you so much for church, Sunday school classes, Your word. . .
Thank you for your love.
In Your Name I Pray,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment