Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Beginning to Blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I have always wanted to write, and my husband has encouraged me to, but I haven't had the patience or courage to stay with it. I have been blessed by reading blogs. I have been hesitant to blog. I don't want to write anything that would embarass any of my family members or anything that would come across in a wrong way to anyone. To begin with, I just want to have a place on the computer to record the scripture that I am trying to memorize this year with Beth Moore's challenge, and to record prayers that I am praying.

My Life Scriptures:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understand; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil. Proverbs 3:5-7

and

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody. I Thes. 4:11-12

2009 Commitment Verse

My voice you shall hear in the morning, O Lord. In the morning, I will direct it to you and I will look up. Psalm 5:3

January 2009

Rejoice in the Lord always and again, I say Rejoice!
Let your gentleness be known to all men, The Lord is at hand.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethern, whatever things are true;
whatever things are noble; whatever things are just; whatever things are pure;
whatever things are lovely; whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue, and if there is anyting praiseworthy-meditate ont hese things.
The things which you have learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:4-9, 13

February 1

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

February 15

Yet in all these things, we are more than conquerors, through Him, who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thins shall seperate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus, our Lord. Romans 8:37-39

March 4

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks a reason for the hope that is in your with meekness and fear; I Peter 3:15

March 15

Every wise woman builds her house, but a foolish one tears it down with her own hands. Proverbs 14:1

(The Lord gave me the above verse on the 15th, and then I began "40 days of Prayer for my Husband" on the 16th of March, 2009.)

I already have my verses for April, because I am beginning to teach 4th-6th grade children at church tomorrow night, and the scripture that will be their lessons seemed very appropriate for me, too.

Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name, make known His deeds among the peoples!
I Chronicles 16:8 and Psalm 105:1

Listen to this, O Job (Sandy). Stand still, and consider the wondrous words of God. Job 37:14


My Prayer Today

As always, I am very thankful for all of the family that God has blessed me with and praying for each one of them specifically.

Today, I am also praying for a teacher that I work with and his wife, and their little girl in this time of their loss. I am especially praying for his wife, Jill right now, as she has been in labor for 24 hours, to deliver their still born baby. My sister-in-law had to go through this last February 15. My heart goes out to Jo and Jill right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment