Friday, June 11, 2010

FOREVER FAMILY-Part 1

I have so many thoughts in my head today, about "Forever Family".
My idea of holding a family together forever actually begins with my parents' marriage and love for me, but I'm starting in the middle,
because I became a Mother/Mom/Mama 24 years ago today!
The picture frame above was my Mother's Day gift this year
from Josh, himself. His wife and daughter brought me
red roses picked by Madasyn from their yard,
and arranged beautifully by Adrianne.
Kalyn and Jase both wrote me heartfelt letters.
Jeff and Jase gave me a beautiful bouquet
of fresh flowers.
I love the above picture collage frame that
we have on our mantle,
and the quote. It is so true!
And the FAMILY collage below,
I know the pictures of pictures
aren't that great, but you get the idea.
Again, I just have so many thoughts in my head today, about
"Forever Family".
With the media talking so much about the break up of a 40 year marriage, and the effect it has on the family, and other stories about families in turmoil, it just breaks my heart. I know that there are readers who have already divorced, and sometimes against your own will, or sometimes for the benefit of everyone involved, or because of abuse or unfaithfulness. I know that marriage and parenting can be very difficult sometimes, especially if you don't have a relationship with God, and even if you do.
I know that I have been extremely blessed. I am just so thankful that I do have a relationship with Jesus Christ, and that my husband and children, parents and my siblings all do, too.
I just want to be the very best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, in-law, Aunt, Friend, Teacher, Christian, Neighbor that I can possibly be.
"Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart."
Proverbs 3:3NIV
"Never let loyalty and kindness leave you!
Tie them around your neck as a reminder.
Write them deep within your heart."
If you didn't come here from Spiritual Sundays, go here!
You will be so blessed, and you can link up your own post, too.
Thank you so much, Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sundays
and to all the others who link up such great heartfelt, encouraging posts!

I pray God's blessings on all of you!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful post...beautiful family. You are an inspiration to me as I'm in the midst of those young teenage/tweenage years with my kids. There is indeed hope for the future!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful!!! Have a great day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post today and Happy Anniversary! You have a beautiful family and like you I am soooo blessed having a husband who leads us Spiritually and seeing my children live lives seeking after our Heavenly Father one day at a time!

    Have a beautiful weekend my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Sandy, and so is your Thankful Thursday post. Thank you for stopping by on Weekends of Worship. I love how we can come together this way. Have a lovely weekend and enjoy His presence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless you and your family. This is a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful post! I pray daily so that I can be the best of all those things that you mentioned.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy - this is a beautiful post. What a blessing to have a loving relationship, happy marriage, and a lovely family.

    Blessings to you and your family.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing these beautiful thoughts with us today, Sandy. I certainly agree with you.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAMILY! How important. This is a powerful message you have here for all of us. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Sandy for this lovely psot. Family is so very important, and leads our prayer list daily. What a sweet one you have! Congrats and God's blessings to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandy, thank you for your visit. What a lovely post. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The family is the oldest institution, after marriage, that God created. It existed even before the church. The family is the greatest target of satan to tear down the Christian's spirit and the church. If families are not strong they will be at odds within themselves and the church will weaken. You are so right on when you say lets pray for families. Great post. God bless, Dr. Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, marriage and family--God certainly knew what we needed--we need to love, protect and pray for the status of our families. There is no greater blessing except salvation itself. Thank you so much and Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are very blessed and the best is, you appreciate it. May Gods love and light continue on in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful message and with such perfect timing. Marriage is hard sometimes but it's in the difficulties that you teach your children perserverance. What if our children expected perfection in a marriage...how sadly they would be disappointed. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful family post for Spiritual Sunday. I am so glad I made it over!

    Blessings to you and yours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing your deepest thoughts about marriage and family. You are a blessing to your family. We are getting close to 50 years of marriage and I so agree with the importance of being the best I can be to my children, husband and family. I too am disturbed by so many broken marriages that affect so many loved ones. We can't judge though. We can just do our best and hope for the Faith we have, carries us through the ups and downs of life.

    Blessings to you and your family. I loved the photos you shared.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete