Saturday, April 17, 2010

SPIRITUAL SUNDAY/RETREAT REPORT/"INTER-RUPTED" TO "FOLLOW THE FATHER!"


Thank you to those of you who wished me well while I was at a Ladies' Retreat last night and today and said you would like to hear about it.
The theme was "Inter-rupted", relating to how God interrupts our plans for our lives with blessings and crisises, and always blesses us greatly even through the storms.
The keynote speakers were Jen Hatmaker and Esther Burroughs,
and Praise and Worship was led by Christy Nockels.
Esther spoke about "Splashing the Living Water" and "Going out of your way on your way" and "turning the conversation" with others to Jesus.
Jen's husband, Brandon is pastor of Austin New Church in Austin, Texas.
She told us that the story of Mary and Martha isn't just a story about "being still".
It is about CHOOSING TO BE A DISCIPLE-AN IMITATOR OF JESUS.
Isaiah 52:7
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news,
who proclaim peace,
who bring good tidings,
who proclaim salvation,
who say to Zion,
"Your God reigns!"
My heart is aching tonight to be alert
to the Holy Spirit to tell me
where God wants my feet to go
to proclaim peace,
to take good tidings,
to proclaim salvation,
to say to all,
"My God reigns!"
"My God can meet your need."
"How can I help meet your
physical and spiritual needs?"

To join Spiritual Sundays go here! You will be sooo blessed! Thank you so much, Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sundays and to all the others who link up such great heartfelt, encouraging posts! I pray God's blessings on all of you!

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had the opportunity to attend the retreat. Thank you for sharing these thoughts with us. You are a blessing to us each week.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy,

    So glad you were able to be refreshed in HIM! Isn't is sooo very true how the Lord uses those interruptions to speak to us! I know I can get soo focused and don't see HIM, or think it is truly something trying to mess with the "PLAN" but then when I stop and listen to the Holy Spirit it is clearly HIM speaking to me and boy am I thankful for those times! repentful as well but thankful HE keeps trying until I pay attention! :)
    Have a blessed weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read several posts this Spiritual Sunday on this theme or one closely related. This tends to happen frequently- I know the Holy Spirit is telling us what we need to hear! Thanks for being His vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retreats are such a blessing. I'm so glad you were able to go, it sounds like it was wonderful.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry Sandy... but I'm completely distracted now by wondering what church (or ministry) this retreat was connected with that you got to have Christy Nockels as your worship leader! : ) I am so blessed by her music...

    I also have to add my agreement that the Mary/Martha story is so much more than I used to realize! That passage was one of my first memory passages this year and God helped me see that not only was Martha not sitting, but she was "distracted, worried and upset." No wonder she couldn't sit still! : ) No wonder I can relate... Glad you were blessed...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. that conference sounds like the best...I too am wanting to go where He wants...to be used wherever He calls me to. thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thxs for sharing about the retreat...
    I am right this moment inter-rupted by the father and posted about it.....
    So those thougts could not come timely enough...

    Have a blessed sunday and week
    bernice

    ReplyDelete
  8. The retreat sounds wonderful. I'm glad you were able to attend. Yes, God does interrupt and allows interruptions for our good. We need to keep reminding ourselves of this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing about the retreat. So true often our plans aren't God's plans and He interrupts.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful retreat! God so often inrterupts our lives and guides us on His path for us! I, too, want to follow His lead...God bless and thank you for sharing this.
    www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandy, I am so glad you had a great time. What powerful messages!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing... I have been dealing with the same concept, longing to be quiet and still enough to hear God's voice... and let Him lead my steps. What a great retreat theme!

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing the things that you've learned at the ladies retreat. I'm glad you had the opportunity to share.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad your retreat was spiritually refreshing. I just had one of those, too!

    ReplyDelete