Who: As before, we want you to assemble a group of in-real-life friends, co-workers, family members, acquaintances, church family, Siestas in your town, neighbors, or whatever mix of ladies God puts on your heart. I am going to try to get a group of friends from church and/or college girls and/or high school girls, but would also like to know if any of my blogging friends are interested in being an on-line small group. So, please let me know if you are! :)
What: Spend the summer together in the Word! Our workbook (also called a “member book”) is a 6-week Bible study on the Book of Ruth. We will meet every other week to discuss two weeks of our homework.
When: We are partial to Tuesday since that’s our normal night for Bible study at LPM. So we will launch our SSBS3 on Tuesday, June 22, and “meet” every other Tuesday until August 3. Yes, you can meet another day of the week if necessary but you’ll see when the time comes that it’s the most fun when we all do it on the same day.
I’ll give you the basic schedule now so you’ll know what to expect but Beth will have much more to say about it closer to the time of our launch. If we don’t answer your questions now, save them and see if they get answered within the next several weeks.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 (1st Mini-Session/LAUNCH/Group instructions)
(DO WEEKS ONE AND TWO OF HOMEWORK ON YOUR OWN.)
Tuesday, July 6, 2010 (2nd Mini-Session/Group Instructions)
(DO WEEKS THREE AND FOUR OF HOMEWORK ON YOUR OWN.)
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 (3rd Mini-Session/Group Instructions)
(DO WEEKS FIVE AND SIX OF HOMEWORK ON YOUR OWN.)
Tuesday, August 3, 2010 (4th Mini-Session/Conclusion)
Where: Wherever you are most comfortable. Kelly’s workbooks are part of the Living Room Series. Her core group of ladies meets in her living room and they always share a meal together. In fact, you’ll find recipes in the workbook if you’d like to use them. We think that’s a really fun part of the experience. The first summer my group met in a different house each week and last summer we met in the same house each week. We’ve had some siesta groups meet in restaurants and coffee shops. Do whatever works for you and your ladies.
Why: A summer lived in Bible study is one lived in victory!
1. Get your workbooks. LifeWay will have plenty of them for us, but you won’t want to wait until the last minute. You can find them online on LifeWay’s web site and on Kelly Minter’s web site.
I bought mine at my local LifeWay store tonight!
2. Assemble your small group. You are more than welcome to participate solo or with an online discussion group, but for the sake of richest fellowship and best accountability, try as hard as you can to enlist three or four other women to meet with you every other Tuesday. Let the ladies know that the gatherings will be low on stress and high on much needed fellowship and rich discussion. Keep the emphasis on a relaxed and refreshing atmosphere where you can develop some wonderful relationships in Christ.
3. Sign up on the blog on our official Launch Day- Tuesday, June 22. We’ll ask you a few fun questions about your group.
4. Beth will facilitate the study by posting 15-minute videos on the mornings our meeting days. They will have instructions for discussion questions and activities that will be based on the previous two weeks of study. The videos will be like the ones you’re used to seeing on this blog – very casual and homemade! The idea is to incorporate the videos into the beginning of your meeting times if possible. In case the video aspect of the study doesn’t work for you, you will also find the discussion questions typed out on the blog.
5. After your gathering, you’ll check back in by telling us something about your meeting via a comment on that same post. Don’t worry if your group can’t meet on Tuesdays. You’ll still be able to find the post and comment throughout the week.
I am linking this to Spiritual Sundays. If you didn't come here from there, here! You will be so blessed, and you can link up your own post, too. Thank you so much, Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sundays and to all the others who link up such great heartfelt, encouraging posts! I pray God's blessings on all of you!
Remember, please let me know if you are interested in doing this study together this summer.