Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pressing on Toward the Goal-May 1 Memory Verse for Beth Moore Siesta's Scripture Memory Team

I posted my verse on the LPM blog asap on May 1, but just haven't been posting on mine.

Here's the verse that I have been working on:

Philippians 3: 13-14 NIV

Brothers (Siestas) I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it,
But one thing I do:
Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
I press on toward the goal to win the prize
for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Chosen
  • after watching Kalyn run a 1/2 marathon in the Okc. Memorial Run
  • at 1/3 way through the year of scripture memory
  • at a time in my life that I want to forget my guilt of teenage mistakes, but remember them enough to minister to others, strain toward the future, to a goal of ministering to others and leaving a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment